Holy sites: Qatar call deplored

Qatar’s demand for an internationalization of the Hajj a declaration of war against the kingdom.

Holy sites: Qatar call deplored

Hajj

Muslims touch the Kaaba at the Grand mosque ahead of the annual Haj pilgrimage in Mecca, Saudi Arabia, August 26, 2017. REUTERS/Suhaib Salem

Manama : Foreign Affairs Minister Shaikh Khalid bin Ahmed Al Khalifa and Information Affairs Minister Ali Al Romaihi have deplored Qatar’s attempts to internationalize the Hajj pilgrimage.

The Foreign Minister condemned the Qatari call as an issue out of discussion” to Muslim and Arab countries.

Whenever one of your plans and conspiracies fail, you return to your tale of internationalising the management of the two Holy Mosques. You had better shut up because the world is laughing at you,” he wrote on Twitter.

Information Affairs Minister Ali Al Rumaihi denounced the attempt to politicize religious rites or the internationalisation of the Two Holy Mosques. The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia’s facilitation and service to visitors of the Holy Kaaba and the Prophet’s Mosque have always been appreciated by the entire Muslim world,” he told the Asharq Al Awsat daily yesterday.

The great Saudi efforts cannot be overlooked or negated except by the dismissive and malicious, or someone who does not want the welfare of the Muslim Umma, its unity, cohesiveness or progress,” he said.

Foreign Affairs Minister Shaikh Khalid bin Ahmed Al Khalifa said the Qatari attempt exposes the bad intentions, the political bankruptcy, and the moral failure of the country. There is not a single religious centre that people visit for worshipping purposes that are not managed by a sovereign state. In the case of Saudi Arabia, we have the best example of honesty, commitment, care and protection,” the minister said.

The House of Representatives also condemned the move to internationalise the two Holy Mosques’ custodianship and management. This is a Saudi affair. No party has the right to intervene or demand its internationalisation,” the MPs said in a statement, which condemned the false call of the politically bankrupt regimes, with bad intentions.”

Calling the move a cheap bid”, the statement said Qatar is attempt is to cover up its failure in managing its own affairs. The Council calls upon all Arab and Islamic countries and religious organisations to express their position on these false calls aimed at spreading division and disagreement in the Islamic world,” the statement said.

Source: DT News, February 07, 2018
© 2018 News of Bahrain , All rights Reserved – Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc.

Pakistan’s Council of Scholars deplores new Qatari attempts to ‘politicize’ Hajj

Hajj-kaaba

General view of the Kaaba at the Grand Mosque in Mecca, Saudi Arabia September 9, 2016. REUTERS/Ahmed Jadallah

In July, Saudi Arabia’s foreign minister called what he said was Qatar’s demand for an internationalization of the Hajj a declaration of war against the kingdom.

The Council of Pakistani Scholars has denounced new attempts by Qatar to politicize the Muslim Hajj pilgrimage, which was seen during the Hajj season last year.

The head of the Council of Pakistani Scholars Sheikh Taher Mahmoud al-Ashrafi said that the attempt to politicize Hajj” and the Two Holy Mosques is a dangerous plot that shows the State of Qatar following in the footsteps of Iran, which has called for this malicious attempt before.”

In July, Saudi Arabia’s foreign minister called what he said was Qatar’s demand for an internationalization of the Hajj a declaration of war against the kingdom.

Qatar’s demands to internationalize the holy sites is aggressive and a declaration of war against the kingdom,” Adel al-Jubeir was quoted saying on Al Arabiya’s website.

Ashrafi added in a press statement that Pakistani scholars consider the attempt to politicize Hajj and the Two Holy Mosques is a serious plot against Islamic sanctities, and can only be considered as a war on the Two Holy Mosques.”

He called on Qatar to avoid the use of Hajj and the Two Holy Mosques to achieve political goals, stressing that the Muslim world trusts in the leadership and people of Saudi Arabia, and its ability to manage the Hajj in the best way.

Saudi Arabia and three other Arab states severed transport and trade ties with Qatar last June, citing its alleged support for terrorism and Iran – charges Doha denies.

During the last Hajj pilgrimage season, Riyadh said it would aid the travel of Qataris to Hajj in a move initially welcomed by Doha, but Saudi Arabia complained that its planes had yet to receive landing permits for the rite beginning at the end of August.

Qatar’s Ministry of Endowments and Islamic Affairs then appeared to have suspended registration for the pilgrimage, after a message on their registration website indicated it was closed for the time being.

Last Update: Tuesday, 6 February 2018 KSA 08:03 – GMT 05:03

Source: Al Arabiya, February, 06, 2018
© 2018, Al Arabiya, All rights Reserved – Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc.

Egypt’s Awqaf minister rejects Qatar’s call to internationalize Saudi holy sites

Egyptian Minister of Awqaf (Religious Endowments), Mohamed Mokhtar Jumaa, rejected on Saturday Qatar’s request to internationalize Saudi Arabia’s holy sites

Senior scholars from the Cairo-based Al-Azhar, the world’s leading institution on Sunni Islam, have also rejected these calls.

Saudi Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubeir said on Sunday “Qatar’s request to internationalize the holy sites is an aggressive act and a declaration of war against the kingdom.”

“We reserve the right to respond to any party working in the field of internationalization of the holy sites,” Al-Jubeir said in an interview with Al Arabiya and Al Hadath on the sidelines of the four-way meeting in Manama.

Previously, Jubeir rejected Qatar’s attempts to politicize Hajj matters and reiterated that Qataris were welcome to perform the pilgrimage.

Saudi Arabia rejects Qatar’s attempt to politicize the arrival of Qatari pilgrims into the kingdom,” Jubeir said during a press conference with his Emirati, Bahraini and Egyptian counterparts in Manama.

The kingdom’s history is clear in facilitating the arrival of pilgrims,” he added.

Hajj pilgrims from around the world have started arriving to Saudi Arabia to prepare for the pilgrimage. But, no one from Qatar has come yet despite the Kingdom’s constant calls welcoming them.

A Saudi official said that Qatar is banning its citizens from performing Hajj. Qatar has not announced the reason behind the closure yet.

Source: Al Arabiya, August 05, 2017
© 2017, Al Arabiya, All rights Reserved – Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *